Business Central for the Unfamiliar
Walking you through the Business Central application, from functional areas through to customising your screens
This Knowledge Session video, presented by one of our Pre-sales Consultants Andre Verster, takes a look at Dynamics 365 Business Central for those unfamiliar with the application. We begin by defining Enterprise Resource Planning, known as ERP, and then the functional areas within the system. It's also important to understand where Dynamics 365 Business Central sits within the wider Microsoft offering, including Microsoft 365, the Power Platform and Azure.
The demonstration will then take a deep dive into:
- Comparing the popular page types between older versions of Dynamics NAV and the modern Business Central, including card pages, documents, list pages and the Role Centre
- An overview of the Role Centre and how to navigate using the menus and search bar
- Role-dependent views
- Customising the columns you see in lists, adding/removing fields, adding freeze panes
- Outlook integration - how to work with your Business Central data without ever leaving Outlook
- Teams integration - share data, e.g. a customer's contact card, and see a high level overview of data, e.g. customer's outstanding balance, without leaving Teams
- Working with Excel - download and edit documents from Business Central, such as journals, to then continue working within Excel. Documents can then be pushed back to Business Central and your documents will be updated
We love the Business Central product (which is why it is the only ERP solution we support and implement!) - it is constantly being updated and improved upon by Microsoft, as well as developing new integrations to our other favourite Microsoft products. As a complete solution, Business Central is the ultimate ERP.
Watch our webinar on 'What's New in Business Central' for an overview of the features we're loving from Microsoft.
If you're craving more tuition around Business Central, why not take a look at our training courses? See all of the available courses here.